Ottawa, October 30, 2023 – The Canadian Dairy Commission (CDC) invites media representatives on Wednesday, November 1, 2023, to a virtual technical briefing on the milk farmgate price adjustment in 2024 as well as present the cost of production (COP) data and other statistics that impacted the results. This media technical briefing is not for attribution and will be held under embargo until the news release announcing the price adjustment has been published, at 2PM on Wednesday November 1, 2023. A technical briefing in English will take place on November 1, 2023, at 12:15 p.m., followed by one in French starting at 1 p.m.
Every year, the CDC carries out a COP survey to measure the on-farm cost of producing a hectolitre of milk (100 litres). The indexed cost of production figures, along with the CPI, are used to set the price of milk.
Mr. Philippe Charlebois, Executive Director, Corporate Affairs and Mr. Matthew Gaudreau, Executive Director, Policy and Economics will be present at the briefing which will include a presentation and a question period.
- What: Announcement under embargo and not for attribution on price adjustment in 2024
- When: Wednesday, November 1, 2023
- English briefing at 12:15 p.m.
- French briefing at 1 p.m.
- Where: Virtual briefing via TEAMS
- Mr. Philippe Charlebois, Executive Director, Corporate Affairs
- Mr. Matthew Gaudreau, Executive Director, Policy and Economics
To register for the event and receive the TEAMS link, please provide your name and your media outlet by contacting Philippe Charlebois, Executive Director, Corporate Services, at Philippe.Charlebois@cdc-ccl.gc.ca before Wednesday, November 1, at 10:00 a.m.